Wednesday, May 6, 2009

219/365 - Jim - Old Stone House Outhouse

( f/11 70mm 1/160 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This outhouse is behind The Old Stone House on Route 8 in Butler County. I always thought that George Washington spent a night there, but I just read that isn't true. It did however give many travelers a place to stay between 1822 and 1885. Carol and I were out brick shopping and stopped here on our way back from a brick showroom in Harrisville. I took several photos of the actual Stone House, but they weren't as interesting as this one. I gave it a sepia tone in Lightroom to give it an old look.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I like the look of the sepia tone. See wasn't it good that we went to that last brick place?

joyce said...

That is an awsome picture. It would look nice in a bathroom.

cyn said...

I love it, you should frame that one.