Tuesday, May 19, 2009

232/365 - Jim - Old Garage

( f/16 105mm 1/50 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I used the Argus Seventy-five camera again to get the borders. This is one of my neighbor's garage and the only thing around my house that looks old enough to look this way. I took this image with my Nikon, but pointed at the viewfinder of the Argus. Then used Lightroom to apply the Antique Light preset which gives it the sepia tone and low contrast. I was trying to somewhat match the vintage look of Tyler's photo. I may have gone about 20 - 30 years too far back...

4 comments:

Tyler Anderson's Photography said...

That is awesome! It is so ironic , my manager came into work today with an Argus Camera and I have never heard of that kind before. I didn't even know how to work it and I asked her how do you use it and she didn't even know. It was her Grandfathers from years ago. What is it worth? And The one lens is popped out .

Jim said...

Not worth much. I looked on ebay and they range from $1 to $15, so it would probably cost more for shipping... They aren't the easiest things to operate. The viewfinder mirrors the image, so it takes a little getting used to in order to just center a subject.

Carol said...

Neat-definitely makes the view from our backyard look old!

joyce said...

Yes, they definitely are from years ago, I have a few photos of myself that was taken when I was a little girl with a camera like that.
But that doesn't make me old, does it? :)
Jim's Mom....