Tuesday, April 7, 2009

190/365 - Jim - Spring Back to Winter

( f/18 50mm 1/800 sec ISO 1250 Nikon D300 )
Well, Winter came back to haunt us today with a continuous snow. I'm hoping this will be the last of it, but who knows. My mood changes with the weather and today was pretty depressing... I turned the ISO way up for this shot so I could get a fast shutter speed and some grain for black and white. I applied an effect in Lightroom called Moriyama 4. Usually the effect is too strong for photographs, but for this one it worked pretty well.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Wow! I really like that picture. Guess that's the one silver lining to snow in April, an awesome photo...that looks like something you would see framed somewhere.

Courtney said...

I agree. Really cool picture. You should frame it.

cyn said...

I agree with carol, you should frame that one.