Wednesday, April 29, 2009

212/365 - Jim - Only the Strong Survive

( f/6.3 210mm 1/10 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
We will be going to the Pittsburgh Zoo on Sunday and for that occasion, I ordered the TC-20e II 2x Teleconverter to use with my 70-200mm lens. It arrived today. Another bonus is that it works with my 105mm macro lens. I thought that auto focus would not work, but it does, so yet another bonus. Armed with a 210mm macro lens, I went out into the front yard to get really close to something. This is the time of year that those pesky dandelions are all over the place and spreading seeds everywhere. I simply plucked one like turkey until only one seed was left and placed it in front of a dark background. I feel like I could have done better with more light, but this isn't bad.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Very cool. Like the blurred background. Not sure that the only reason you go it was because of the zoo since you said you wanted it all along...