Saturday, April 11, 2009

194/365 - Jim - Model City of Pittsburgh

( f/20 34mm 1/250 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I went to Mount Washington today to get some photos. I really wanted to try a tilt-shift on a photo of the city. Since I don't have a tilt-shift lens, this is a fake done in Photoshop. When you see an image with a very shallow depth of field, your eyes assume that you are seeing it very close like looking at a model. I haven't come across any true tilt-shift photos of Pittsburgh, so I wanted to see what it would look like. A tilt-shift lens does what it says and actually can tilt up or down which changes the plane of field, and shift to change the line of sight. It is typically used for architectural photos, and there is a cheap lens called a Lensbaby that only tilts and is used for various special effect photos.

1 comment:

cyn said...

interesting photo