Wednesday, April 8, 2009

191/365 - Jim - Once in a Blue Moon

( f/11 200mm 1/250 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
It was getting late and I hadn't taken any photos yet. I noticed the moon was full so I headed out to get a shot. I made it blue by setting my white balance to tungsten. I've taken many shots of the moon over the last couple years, but haven't gotten any closer to 200mm. There are telescopes that have adapters that you can connect a Nikon camera to for photographs, but that can be pretty expensive just for moon shots. I would like to try a Phoenix 650-2600mm Telephoto Lens that sells for around $250. The aperture is f/8 - 16 so it wouldn't be very useful for many things other than moon shots, but would still be fun.

2 comments:

Carol said...

wow, that looks pretty cool!

I would say you probably don't need a lens that does nothing but moon shots, but that's just me...

cyn said...

cool picture, i say get the lens