Sunday, July 12, 2009

286/365 - Jim - Caprese Salad

( f/5.6 200mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I started this basil in a cup a long while back. I just put paper towel around a glass cup and put the seeds against the glass. I remember doing this when I was a kid and wanted to show Jameson how the seeds grew. My mother finally transplanted them to soil and they took off from there. We used some today for the caprese salad I made. Carol suggest I make it so I could take a photo of it. I think she just might have wanted me to make it for her to eat:) It did taste good though.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Yum! That is my favorite.

joyce said...

That looks so delicious and I am sooo disappointed that I didn't get to eat some of it :)

Courtney said...

I bought some heirloom tomatoes and basil tonight, but when I got home, my mozarella was rotten!
You need some balsamic reduction for your salad.

joyce said...

okay....I think I'm going to Courtney's house for that salad. It sounds better minus the rotten mozzerella :)

Carol said...

It was pretty yummy. We had more stuff here, Jim should have made some more on Monday.