Wednesday, July 29, 2009

303/365 - Jim - French Press

( f/11 55mm 1 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I decided to just do a quick product shot tonight. This is a Bodum french press coffee maker that I got at Target a while back. If you want a good strong pot of coffee, these are excellent. It makes about 3 cups and by the third cup, it has brewed longer and is the strongest cup. I have gotten the jitters after drinking the whole thing. The only thing I don't like about this is the clean up. It isn't horrible, but takes longer than cleaning a regular pot. I used a softbox off to the right and a little behind. Then a white reflector on the left side of the press. Also, I had a flash with a grid pointing at the reflector to bounce onto the beans because they are so dark. The coffee beans are a dark roast that I got at the Butler Farm Market.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Shot looks great. I didn't realize you even cleaned the regular coffee pot every time you used it :)

Too bad you couldn't sell some of these pictures!

joyce said...

I could use a pot of that coffee right about now.
Your picture made me thirsty for it!!!!

Courtney said...

Cool picture. Does the french press really make the coffee taste less bitter? That's what I have heard.

cyn said...

sounds like a pain in the a--, but it's a nice shot, you could do photography for ad agencies.