Friday, October 3, 2008

004/365 - Jim - 1 cup of Flower

( f/3.5 50mm 1/50 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )

Theme is flowers. I took some pictures during lunch today. I went outside for some usual flower shots and then plucked one and came inside. I knew I didn't want a typical flower picture so I started experimenting with water and various containers. I only took one picture in the tea cup and it ended up being the one I liked most. I desaturated the entire picture in Lightroom and then increased just the red and magenta saturation a little bit. No studio flashes were used for this one, just the light from the kitchen window.

3 comments:

joyce said...

I really like this one.
You know there are some flowers that you can eat but I don't think this is one of them.
But it looks good enough to eat :)

smochko127 said...

jim, this picture rocks!!!

Carol said...

That looked really cool. Reminded me of "blooming tea."