Monday, October 20, 2008

021/365 - Jim - Ghostly Tree

( f/8 38mm 30 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )

Theme is scary. I have looked at this tree out in my front yard for a while and thought it looked a little spooky at times. When I went out to take this photo, something was moving around because I could hear leaves rustling. Not knowing what it was, I hurried up and took a picture. This face appeared around the tree. OK, not really. I put a mask on and ran over with the 5 second timer on and positioned myself. My camera was set to a slow flash which means it flashes and then uses the ambient light for the rest of the exposure. In this case it was 30 seconds. After the flash went off, I walked by and behind the camera until this image appeared. It was literally 2 shots to get this. The first was just a test. Mwahh ha haaa...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That is creepy! You're messed up!

smochko127 said...

very spooky! submit that to the Pittsburgh ghost hunters.

Carol said...

Spooky...too bad your mask isn't so spooky inside, you couldn't even trick your almost two year old into being scared!

joyce said...

That is true Carol.
But he did say "daddy" with a question in his voice.
I can't believe that he wasn't because I would have been.
It is a very eery!!!!!