Tuesday, October 28, 2008

029/365 - Jim - Jameson-o-lantern

( f/8 40mm 1/320 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I changed the theme to pumpkin today because I had plans to carve my pumpkin. Last year I carved Dwight from "The Office." By request of family, I carved my son this year. Well, not my son, but the pumpkin to look like my son. To do this I took a photo and turned it B&W. Then played with the levels until they looked ok. After that I applied a posterize effect with only 3 colors. This resulted in an image close to what you see. I had to do some cleaning up and fixing impossible cuts and filling some areas so it was more structurally sound. Then I print and transfer it onto the pumpkin. After a lot of cutting and shaving, the result is worth it. To see the photo I used, click here.

2 comments:

joyce said...

That is quite amazing!!!!
That is the cutest jack-o-lantern I have ever seen.
I wonder what Jameson will think?

Carol said...

Looks good! I am sure not as appreciated by non family as the Dwight pumpkin, but I love it!