Wednesday, October 22, 2008

023/365 - Jim - My Home

( f/11 10.5mm HDR ISO 200 Nikon D300 )

Theme is home. Matt mentioned wanting to do an HDR image of his house. I figured I would do the same. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and is a technique that gives an image a better range of light and dark areas. That means it can lighten the dark areas and darken the light areas. To do this photo I put my camera on a 7 frame bracketing setting and the exposure to 1. This takes the first picture at regular exposure, then changes it making the shutter speed change. For this image the shutter was between 1/30 and 2 seconds. Then a program merges all those 7 images together and allows you to change the strength of dynamic range. It has become really big in photography lately. Anyway, this is my home taken with my fisheye lens from under the tree. Looks like I need to get the rake out.

3 comments:

joyce said...

I'm glad that I can just enjoy the picture and not have to worry about how to take the picture.
That is an awsome effect.

Carol said...

The picture looks great. Although it kind of accentuates the fact that we need to stain the cedar or whatever it is...

Courtney said...

It looks like a storybook house.