Monday, December 8, 2008

070/365 - Jim - Santa Smoke

( f/14 24mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is smoke. I set up the black backdrop and used one flash with a grid spot on it. Then I blew out the candle and started shooting. I got this shot that looks to me like a skull with teeth somewhat well defined. Then I started manipulating the image by adding another eye, changing colors, and shaping the hat. This would be cool as the smoke coming out of a chimney on a house decorated for Christmas.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Pretty cool photo, but I don't think Skull Santa is very in line with the season.

Courtney said...

cool

Anonymous said...

That is very original and scary.

Amy V said...

that is amazing!!! i love it.

joyce said...

Oh, you better watch out....
you better not cry...
you better not pout, I'm telling you why...
Scary Santa is coming to town!!!
That said, I think the picture is really cool.

Anonymous said...

This one is extremely cool.