Monday, December 29, 2008

091/365 - Jim - Hess Toy Trucks

( f/18 27mm 5 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This is one of the toys that my son Jameson got from his Aunt Courtney. The truck lights up and makes lots of sounds and I just discovered the bed lifts by hydraulics at the push of a button. The front loader also lights up and has forward and reverse. It runs on the carpet and Jameson gets so excited when it is about to run into him or someone else. For this photo I used the modeling lights from my Alienbee flashes as the fill light with a rear curtain flash at the end. This allowed for the 5 second exposure so you can see the lights on the vehicles.

5 comments:

joyce said...

That really looks like a cool truck.
It is neat how you captured the headlight's reflection on the picture.

Anonymous said...

Yikes Jim, I think Aunt Courtney got him the nice Hess Truck, but easy to get mixed up, he got alot of stuff.

Jim said...

Oops. He did get a ton of stuff! I changed it to Aunt Courtney. Makes sense now... I wondered how she knew so much about the batteries they took.

Courtney said...

It actually came with a pack of batteries when I bought it. They release a new Hess truck every year. I think I'll have to get him each one as long as I live near a Hess store. I even bought him three used ones at a yard sale this summer. They are at Nunu's house just waiting to be played with.
Cool picutre too! http://www.hesstoytruck.com/

Carol said...

Nice photo..and truck too. They are pretty big trucks so I said he could keep his other ones at mom's house!!