Saturday, December 13, 2008

075/365 - Jim - Matching Stripes

( f/11 105mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is stripes. For this photo I used two sided scrapbooking tape and cut it into little pieces. Then I placed the matches on them as perfectly as I could. I placed a flash off to the side about 10 feet away to get the well defined shadows. Here is a tip: the closer the flash, the more diffused the shadows are. Then I raised my camera up on the tripod almost to the ceiling and got up on a ladder to take the photo. My wife volunteered to put on a striped shirt and let me photograph her, but then I took too long and she took back her offer. I'm glad she did. That would have been a boring shot probably.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Cool creation of stripes. Great photo as well.

Courtney said...

Cool

Anonymous said...

very nice. one of the great fotos of all times, dealt with the subject of repitition like this foto. rich forsgren, a erie times news photographer, took a winter picture of a person waiting for the bus in a snowstorm adjacent to the now gone sixth street bridge over cascade creek. one side of the passenger as well as one side of all the concrete balusters were covered in snow. the picture appeared on the cover of the new york times.

joyce said...

If you would have taken the picture of Carol in stripes with her baby bump, the stripes would have been crooked :)
It is a cool picture with a lot of patience to take it.

Anonymous said...

clever jim, wish i had a sixteenth of your many talents.