Saturday, January 3, 2009

096/365 - Jim - Polaroid Infinity

( f/6.3 70mm 1/160 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is Polaroid. This is an old Time-Zero OneStep Polaroid Land Camera that my grandfather gave me. I don't have any film for it and I believe they will be stopping production of film soon. I used a feature in Picasa 3 to turn my photo into a Polaroid look and then used that in Paint Shop Pro to make it look like it is coming out of the camera. My wife was kind enough to go out onto the cold deck so I could have a nice background. The sun was lighting the background nicely and the house blocked the sun from Carol, so I used my SB-800 flash with the Lightsphere as a fill and to prevent the background from being too bright.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

That thing looks like a blast from the past!

joyce said...

Yeah, but it feels like just a couple years ago that we were using that camera.
Well I guess, 32 years ago to be exact. We used it to take pictures of our first child and also a 110 camera for all the old people that would remember those cameras.
That is a cool picture and also the way you made it look real.

Jim said...

Funny how you choose to say "our first child" on my blog when you are referring to me :)

Anonymous said...

cool picture,jim, i had one of those and i think bill still has one.

Anonymous said...

oh and by the way i wanted to say my daughter looks lovely even with her eyes closed.