Sunday, January 18, 2009

111/365 - Tim - Cheerleading Competition

( f/3.5 18mm 1/100 sec ISO 800 Nikon D60 )
My uncle Tim is the guest blogger today. He asked me for some advice on photographing in a gymnasium. I told him about setting the white balance for the fluorescent lights and to shoot in Shutter priority. Also how to use the ISO if the pictures are too dark. He took my advice and got a quality shot. Here is some info he emailed me about the photo. Jessica is my cousin if you can't figure that out...

Thanks to the advise I received from a great photographer I know, the picture turned out great. I had no idea you could take such a nice photo inside a gymnasium without a flash. Jessica is the red head holding the girl up on the right. Jessica's team took third place in the competition. The Nikon D60 with the 18-200mm lens took first place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Tim, I always have trouble with taking pictures at basketball games. Action shots even add more difficulty.

Anonymous said...

Nice pic! Jess is sure growing up!