Sunday, January 25, 2009

118/365 - Jim - Monkey Boy

( f/11 29mm 1/60 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
When my son Jameson was a baby I took a similar photo of him against this mural that I painted. So I got requests to do the same with Nolan. I took one shot with just the mural. Then had my wife take the shot of me holding Nolan on my arm. I cropped him out and pasted him onto the clean photo and erased my arm. Then I filled in any missing pieces and added some shadow to the branch. With Nolan awake, it was hard to hold him in place. He wanted to wiggle off my arm. It's ok though because I hear babies bounce or there is a 5 second rule or something like that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, jim, that is soooo perfect he looks so alert and just like he is hanging off that limb, i love it.

Courtney said...

That is just adorable. I hate to say it, but I think it is even cuter than the original monkey boy picture. I like the hat, and the corner view. You HAVE to put in on facebook, too. Jill will love it.

joyce said...

I'm not sure what I laughed more at...the look on Nolan's face or what you wrote about the picture.
He sure is a sweetie pie!!

Some call me Tim said...

That is amazing. You are so talented!!!