Thursday, January 22, 2009

115/365 - Jim - Winter Sunrise

( f/9 38mm 1/320 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Yesterday on my way to work I saw a really nice sunrise over this field, so this morning I went armed with my camera. I parked the car and ran across the road to get this shot. It was extremely cold, so I shot until I couldn't move my fingers anymore. Gloves really come in handy in times like that and I didn't bring any. On my way back to the car I noticed a huge snow covered field with very few trees against the horizon. I took some photos of that and also included some mailboxes that you can see if you click here. I really like this shot, maybe better than the sunrise, but the sunrise is what got me out in the cold, so I had to post it.

2 comments:

joyce said...

I really like them both.
I like the rolls of hay (or whatever their called) scattered through the field.

Carol said...

Beautiful picture. I also like the hay bales. Proud of you for getting up and going out in the cold morning wind!