Monday, February 2, 2009

126/365 - Jim - Deer Silhouette

( f/7.1 56mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Theme is silhouette. Since my uncle is guest posting today and he sent me a photo of deer, I tried to come up with something to match it and still adhere to the theme. It was tough, but I did it. This is a cut out from black paper that I did while watching the Office taped on my DVR (hour long show). The background is something I painted and used behind some miniatures that a friend of mine painted. I put the cutout about 3 feet in front of the background and took some pictures making sure that my exposure was low enough to make the cutout completely black. Typically you would be able to see the sky clearly, but my painting is a bit sloppy, so I made it blurred by using a wider aperture. I touched it up a little in Paint Shop Pro because I accidentally cut off the tip of the one antler.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, that's pretty amazing..the prep work I mean! I think I wouldn't have made the tree quite so spooky looking, but great picture!

Courtney said...

Pretty cool looking. Kind of reminds me of Bambi.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.