Thursday, February 26, 2009

150/365 - Jim - Old Postcard

( f/32 105mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I tried to find something quick to take a photo of tonight. I saw my old stamp collection sitting there that I haven't looked at in probably 15 years. There was an old candy box full of loose stamps and this old postcard in there from 1965 addressed to my grandpa. Whoever sent it spelled our last name wrong and didn't write anything on it. The front says "So far today I made only one mistake ...I got out of bed!" My dad would have been only 12 years old at the time. If there was a story behind this card, it will remain a mystery unless my grandpa remembers getting it and can explain.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh interesting! I hope we find out what the story is. Hope your grandfather is doing well!

Some call me Tim said...

That is so cool. Mom would have been 3 months pregnant with me when this card was date stamped.