Wednesday, February 11, 2009

135/365 - Jim - Old Flashbulbs

( f/13 105mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This is the result of little time and less creativity. I quickly pulled out something from the old camera collection to photograph. This is a full box of flashbulbs and I'm not sure how old they are. It's interesting to me thinking about why it is blue. Digital cameras can change the white balance, but film cameras white balance is all on the film used. The blue bulbs would produce a cooler more pure white look. I guess people had to use either colored flashbulbs or filters to change the white balance. I'm glad to be in the digital era.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I have a camera from the 80's I found at Mom's when Bill had me cleaning out the attic junk. I forgot to give it to you when I was home last time. I thought you might be interested. It's old like the bulbs!

joyce said...

Well I am guessing that those bulbs are from the late 60's or early 70's and sad to say.....I remember them.
Some of them would be shaped like a cube and would have a flash on each side.
I'm glad that you are in the digital era.
I thought the 110 cameras were wonderful :)