Saturday, February 14, 2009

138/365 - Jim - Happy Valentine's Day

( f/13 29mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Today is Valentine's Day so Carol got the boys dressed up in their matching gear and I prepared the studio. I cut a bunch of hearts out of black paper and Carol had some pink she did at school. I taped them to the back of the Translum background and had a flash behind so they would appear as a shadow. The red foreground is just a piece of fleece I got from Jo-Ann Fabrics and the other material is some semi-translucent thing my mother got me. I was surprised to be able to get them both to smile as easily as we did.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

That is so cute. They both have such big smiles. Especially Nolan!

Courtney said...

Nolan looks like a different baby every picture I see. I can't wait to see him again in real life. He's so cute.

Carol said...

Nice picture, and goofy, but cute, smiles.

joyce said...

So, so cute. I love Nolan's little smile.
This will be my new wallpaper at least until St. Patrick's day or Easter!!!

Sherri said...

Really like this but would have liked to seen some shots without the red backdrop.....maybe just white with the hearts in the background.

Anonymous said...

i love these pics, i have been begging for the 2 of them , could not ask for more, great shots jim,love them, nunu.