Saturday, February 28, 2009

152/365 - Little Island

( f/18 18mm 1/13 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This is called a polar panorama. To do this you have to take several photos 360 degrees on a tripod. Then stitch them together. I used Windows Live to do it. My stitching isn't the best though. I see a few spots that don't match up very well. Then you resize the photo to be square. Using Photoshop Elements I then chose the Polar Coordinates filter which gave me this photo. It's a pretty cool effect and I have been wanting to try it. It's a pretty boring location, but now I know how to do it.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Looks really neat..nice effect. Kind of interesting to have an outside shot for a change!

Anonymous said...

That's sickening.....aka they really liked it. I had to read the description because they wanted to know how to do it....hmmm....I should try to come up with a art project that kind of looks like this.