Tuesday, February 24, 2009

148/365 - Jim - Preform

( f/22 56mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Because I work for Giant Eagle, I was able to go on a tour of their Chestnut Ridge Beverage Company. There they are able to form plastic bottles and fill them with a variety of beverages. On the right is a preform that later gets a blast of air and turns into the bottle on the left. They fill it with water, label, and package them up. That is the shortened version of the process... We joked quite a bit about being like Laverne and Shirley and putting a glove on a bottle as it goes down the line. I'm sure they wouldn't have thought it was too funny. I really enjoy watching How It's Made, so it was interesting to me and the whole time I kept thinking of how I would film it.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Maybe they'll let you film it someday. Did they say anyting about all the talk of toxins in the plastic bottles. I try to avoid them these days, but it is hard.

Carol said...

That's interesting.