Friday, February 20, 2009

144/365 - Jim - 8mm

( f/11 36mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This is a Kodak Brownie 8 Movie Camera from the 60's. It takes 8mm reels of film. My grandpa had this in the mix of old cameras he gave me. There was film in it that I pulled out for this photo. I wonder what was on it... There was also a sealed canister with film in it that says it should be processed before OCT 73, so I assume it's no good anymore. The way the camera works is you wind it up with the knob on the side, then you push the button under the lens to feed the film through. When I first looked at the camera I opened it up and noticed film in it already. I quickly thought oh no, I don't want to expose this to light and ruin it. But then I realized it's probably far gone. It would be fun to film with it now and get a real vintage look, but it would probably be a hassle to get film and get it processed. Oh well, I'll just use my new HD camcorder :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

How's that HD camcorder working out for you? I haven't seen too many videos. You should post one. Has Nolan even been on film yet?

Carol said...

Yeah, he had to have it and it was going to document everything :)

Anonymous said...

i'm not even going to complain, because i know how hard the both of you work and come home and take care of two sweet little boys, that completely exhaust me in a mere 8 to 9 hours,but i do love those videos and i will just say that you have us spoiled. sounds like a catch 22.