Monday, February 9, 2009

133/365 - Jim - Fringe Hand

( f/8 56mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This is the second Fringe photo I have done. The first one was of an apple. This one is copied from this photo. To repeat myself, it's a great show and I recommend it. Now to tell you how I did it. I used a piece of Plexiglas in front of a black background. I put baby powder on my hand and made my print with an extra space between my pinky and ring finger, then added another ring finger in between. I used a flash from behind the plexi with a grid spot on it so the light did not leak onto the background. After I got the shot I processed it in Lightroom and gave it a cool blue look. Then in Paint Shop Pro I added the yellow lights. And yes, I have a crooked pinky...

5 comments:

Some call me Tim said...

This is awesome!!! Hey, I would like to see if you could recreate the opening to the TV show "House"

Where he is looking at an x-ray of a head and you can see his face through the reflection. I think this is really cool but recreating it would be difficult.

Sherri said...

great job....love fringe. and i definately agree with the house pic.....love that show too!

Courtney said...

Freaky! You should do one with Jameson's hand print and compare to yours. I also like Fringe, but I haven't wathced the past few episodes yet. I need to get caught up.

Jim said...

Sounds like a challenge. Can you find me a photo that shows what you are talking about? I don't watch House.

Anonymous said...

that's really freaking, i never noticed that you had five fingers and a thumb, glad the boys didn't inherit that gene, hope they get lots of good ones from you though, like alot of your many talents.