Sunday, February 22, 2009

146/365 - Jim - Bacon Wrapped Scallops

( f/8 24mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This was my dinner today. I wrapped scallops with bacon and seasoned with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. The scallops went into the broiler for about 20 minutes flipping them halfway through. The sauce was made without measuring from mayonnaise, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Then I sliced some avocado and made some steamed broccoli in the microwave. The photograph was done quickly so I could eat it. I wish I had staged it better before cooking so it was all ready to go. My hope is to someday make a cookbook just for my family. So this was some practice. The plate was from Target, which I purchased today. I still need to get a variety of dinnerware before I start a cookbook, but it should be fun. If you have any good recipes, email them to me. And if I like it, you will see it on here.

6 comments:

joyce said...

That looks soooo delicious. I really, really wish you would have waited until Monday night to make it :)
And I would like a lettuce wedge with it instead of the broccoli.

Anonymous said...

looks really good jim, i love scallops.

Anonymous said...

yikes, i forgot to ask, did jameson like the scallops?

Jim said...

I can make them again... Jameson actually didn't have any because he ate dinner already. I got a late start on them.

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy those babies!

Courtney said...

Looks pretty yummy! I thought we were making scallops next time I come home? You'llhave to come up with a menu for this weekend.