Friday, June 12, 2009

256/365 - Jim - Light Painted Guitar

( f/8 29mm 4.3 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I got inspired yesterday after watching some photography webcasts. The one guy did a lot of painting with light and the photos looked pretty awesome. Painting with light consists of a small light source, usually a flashlight, and a long shutter speed. Once the shutter is open, you move the flashlight around the places you want to be lit. For this shot I opened the shutter and wiggled my small mag light around over the guitar and slightly the background in an arch pattern to give it a natural vignette. I did this about 80 times until I got exactly the look I was after.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks good.

Carol said...

Nice shot...now you have to play "John the Rabbit" for Jameson on your guitar!