Thursday, June 25, 2009

269/365 - Jim - Pushing Daisies

( f/11 70mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I have seen several photos like this and wanted to try one. The daisies in my landscaping just started blooming last week, so I went out and cut one off. Then asked my wife if she would model for me. She said no... But then she found out it was only her hand, so she agreed. I took the photo on a white backdrop and then used Photoshop to edit it out and put an old sky photo in the background. The white version looked ok, but the sky version is more interesting.

4 comments:

joyce said...

I love, love, love this photo.
I love daisies but I like the whole idea of the picture.
The sky makes it look really cool.
It is a true beauty picture.
I'm glad your wife agreed to model :)

Carol said...

Nice photo. Made me think of Pushing Daisies, obviously. I will miss that show...it wasn't one of my favorites or anything but it was interesting and well made I thought.

Courtney said...

Cool picture. Are they airing the rest of the episodes sometime this summer?

Cyn said...

Nice photo, but it makes me think of death, pushing up daisies.