Wednesday, June 17, 2009

261/365 - Jim - Lightning Storm

( f/14 18mm 66 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Tonight there were some terrible storms in the Pittsburgh area. I generally like storms when no damage occurs, but this one sounds pretty bad. There was flooding and I think a tornado touched down. Even though the lightning and storm was mild in Butler, I set my camera in the window in hopes of catching some lightning. I used my remote and opened up the shutter until I would see a flash, then I would shut it and open it for the next shot. I was very lucky to get this little bolt.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Great shot. Your patience paid off.

Cyn said...

Terrific picture, suitable for framing.

Courtney said...

Cool! I saw on the postgazette website that there were bad storms in the area and I thought you might try for a pic.
Did Carol tell you Julie wants you to photograph the triplets? That might be a challenge!

Jim said...

Yes she did. I'll have to see how much equipment I can fit in the car to bring.