Saturday, June 13, 2009

257/365 - Jim - Trimming Weeds

( f/11 70mm 1/250 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I went to my parent's house today to help stain their deck. My sister and I worked on it and sat down after the first coat was applied. It was like watching paint dry... So I suggested she drive me around and I could get my foto. She has a Jeep and took the top down so I was able to pop up and shoot from right in the Jeep. We went on all these back roads and saw some interesting things. This guy was trimming the weeds along the road with this device. As you can see, it is 2 horse power. I applied a sepia tone to fit the subject better. If you would like to see some of the other shots I took, click here.

4 comments:

Dad said...

I really liked the other pictures as well. The two kids with squirt guns was very nice and I loved the one of the Barn.

smochko127 said...

the dark railroad crossing sign is awesome.

Carol said...

I like a lot of those shots..well all of them. Too bad you couldn't recycle and use them through the week :) Sherri did a good job of driving you around and you found some interesting things to photograph.

Tyler Anderson's Photography said...

Great Work JIM! I love the landscapes and the Railroad Crossing sing as well.