Monday, June 15, 2009

259/365 - Jim - Water Bounce

( f/16 105mm 1/320 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I watched a video on how to produce a nice water drop photo, so I put myself to the test today. I put a painted blue sky shot behind the water and flash pointing directly on it. Then I had another light on the right side pointing across to the left of the drop. It probably wasn't needed, but I had a red gel to the left hoping that it show in some parts of the drop. This is one of the best shots I got. I did try to get a collision shot where as the rebound drop comes back up, the next drop hits that and creates an umbrella look. This requires 10 drops per second pretty accurately and my method of dripping was not adjustable. I hope to get a shot like that one of these days.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds pretty technical.

Carol said...

That's an awesome shot and photo.