Tuesday, June 23, 2009

267/365 - Jim - Best Pirate Loss

( f/8 10.5mm 1/250 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
IBM took me and some coworkers to the Pirate game today. The Pirates only had 4 or 5 hits the whole game until the bottom of the 9th inning. That is when Adam LaRoche hit a solo home run over right center field. Until then, I thought all the people at the game were Indian fans, but the home run cheers showed how many Pirate fans were there. They continued to get on base and drive in runs until it was 4 - 5. With 2 guys on base, Freddie Sanchez was at bat. They ended up walking him and loaded the bases with who else, but Adam LaRoche stepping back up to the plate. The pitcher took him to a full count to add to the excitement. On the next pitch Adam tipped a ball foul to stay alive. Then he popped out to right field to end the game. I'll tell ya, it was the most exciting loss I've ever been to. My photo isn't anything special. The bright sky and the dark shadow on the field made for a very difficult shot. I ended up darkening the sky and lightening the field and crowd with Lightroom.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Interesting view of the park.

Cyn said...

those nachos in the left corner make me want to go to the ball park, of course it's all about the food.