Monday, August 3, 2009

308/365 - Jim - Drop of Milk

( f/11 105mm 1/640 sec ISO 1600 Nikon D300 )
The milk expired today and there was only a little bit left, so I took it to photograph. I filled a ramekin and a little baggie with milk. Then I set up 2 constant lights on each side pointing at a green background. I poked a hole in the bag and let it drip and then put my finger beside the drip to get focus and then set it to manual. To try and get the fastest shutter possible, I set my ISO to 1600. That produced a lot of noise in the image, so I corrected some of it in Photoshop. I did this to see how constant lights work for drops, but I now know I prefer flashes.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Cool. Kind of looks like a candle.

Carol said...

You are pretty good at setting up these food shots!