Monday, August 17, 2009

322/365 - Jim - Road Sign Art

( f/8 70mm 1/640 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Click here to see a panorama of this image. On our way home from my parents house, we went through Meadville, PA to get gas. Someone has taken old road signs and created this long fence in front of Penndot. They also have a bunch of large flowers made out of signs at the corner of the street to the left. I've been driving past this for years and have seen it become larger and larger and never stopped to take a photo. I would have liked to cross the street and walk the whole thing taking photos every so many feet, but it was an extremely busy road and we were on our way home. Maybe someday...

2 comments:

joyce said...

It is very cool and I believe they are running out of room for any more art work.
I believe it is the art department at Allegheny College that does this but I am not totally sure.

Courtney said...

I'll have to show this to Kim. Koen LOVES road signs.