Monday, August 31, 2009

336/365 - Jim - Broken Arm

( f/5 50mm 1/30 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
My mother showed up today to babysit and told us her tragic story. She was walking out to her car this morning and was looking the other way when out of nowhere a pile of mulch jumped in front of her and caused her to trip to the ground. Everything she was carrying went flying and she tried to catch herself with her right arm. Little did she know it was not up for such responsibility. She complained all morning how she couldn't move it and had no strength in it. We told her to go to the doctor and get it looked at. She tried every excuse not to go, but finally went. They took some x-rays and found out she had a radial head fracture. So she came back with a cast and sling. I later took her to Giant Eagle Pharmacy to pick up her pain killers. As you can see, she didn't want me to take her picture. There is nothing technical about this photo. I just wanted it on here for memories :) I broke my arm when I was in 4th grade and all my mother cared about was whether I had clean underwear on when I went to the hospital. I finally had my chance to get her back.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh no! Hope you're feeling better Nana Joyce!

Carol said...

What a tragedy...not only will she have trouble watching the kids, what with impossible diaper changes with 2 arms, but I also lost my bi-monthly cleaning lady! Yikes, the kids AND the house will be dirty!

joyce said...

lol, thanks Aunt Courtney...
Well Carol, I still have one arm...it's just the wrong arm :(

Nunu said...

so sorry about the arm Joyce, that's a three way tragedy, since carol got her whining in i might as well wine a bit too, I'll be doing double referee duty as i am no longer a nunu, but someone in charge of breaking it up and there is a lot of breaking up to be done.