Thursday, August 13, 2009

318/365 - Jim - Many Faces of Carol

( f/4.5 56mm 1/80 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
My uncle Tim suggested that I take a photo of someone and mirror each side of their face. He said the results looked like totally different people. Carol was kind enough to let me try this out. Instead of taking the whole image down the middle and mirroring it, I just grabbed her facial features so it wouldn't look really weird. I should have had the lights exactly the same way on each side because one side is more shadowed than the other which made it difficult for me. On the left is Carol's right side of her face mirrored. The middle photo is the original. The right photo is of Carol's left side mirrored. I don't think she looks like different people, but I can definitely see differences. The right photo is my favorite Carol :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

She looks like she has Bill Cowher teeth in the one on the right.

joyce said...

I agree with Jim....her left side is her best side ( of course it is not as shadowed as the other one.)
So basically, Carol...you need to keep your left side forward :)

Some call me Tim said...

This turned out great. The different sides of her face really look different. I think you should have removed the original so they could be compared side by side. I also agree that Carol's left side is her best side.