Wednesday, August 12, 2009

317/365 - Jim - Farm Show Ferris Wheel

( f/16 70mm 13 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
The Butler Farm Show is going on this week about a couple miles away from my house. As I'm typing this I can hear the tractor pull going on. I never get the chance to photograph ferris wheels at night, so this is my rare opportunity. I didn't go in to the farm show, but instead just stood across the road from it with my tripod and zoomed all the way in. Then I used a remote with the camera set to bulb and just left the shutter open for various times to check the results. I was a little annoyed by the two bright lights on the right, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

2 comments:

joyce said...

That is too cool.
There is a meteor shower tonight.
Our news said that you are to look toward the east and it should be heavier from around 2-5am.
I think it starts at midnight.

Carol said...

Very cool shot!! Did you stay up for the meteor shower? I didn't see anything on the way to boot camp at 5:20!