Saturday, August 8, 2009

313/365 - Jim - Shadow Faces

( f/8 38mm 1/3 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I saw something like this and thought I would try it for myself. I probably didn't spend near the time that they did, but my faces are at least recognizable as faces. I did the one on the left first by just crinkling away. Then I wondered what would happen if I put the paper against the profile of my face and tried forcing it into shape. It ended up turning out better than I thought, but I mistakenly did it on the wrong side of paper so it produced the opposite shadow effect. To create a nice shadow I used a single light and feathered it extremely. This produced the sharpest shadows.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Interesting...sure you didn't spend a lot of time???

ROVIRO said...

Beautiful gestalt, É uma fotografia muito criativa parabéns!!!!