Sunday, August 23, 2009

328/365 - Jim - American Bald Eagle

( f/3.2 70mm 1/40 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
While on my way home from a birthday party, I stopped when I saw this eagle coming in for a landing. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I got my camera and took a photo of this statue. Did you think it was real? Maybe I fooled some of you... I've only seen one bald eagle in the wild before and it was so far up in the sky that I had to take a photo at 200mm and then zoom into that to be able to tell it was a bald eagle.

4 comments:

joyce said...

you got me....
When I first saw it, I said, " oh wow" and then I read the description.
What a disappointment Jim.
You can tell if you zoom into the picture that it is a statue.
It still is a nice picture with the field of flowers around it.

cyn said...

got me too and i made Bill come inside to see the shot, it would have been cool though if it was.

Carol said...

I knew it wasn't for real!

Anonymous said...

excellent! greetings from Chile