Saturday, August 22, 2009

327/365 - Jim - Jamaican Fish

( f/16 35mm 1/160 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
We got this wooden fish in Jamaica after we got married there a little over 6 years ago. It has been sitting on a speaker in our living room for a long time and I never thought to photograph it until now. Picturing it in my head, I just thought I would put it on a white background and that would be it. Then I thought it would be cool to have bubbles in the air around it. I didn't bother with that though and I didn't want it to be just a plain white background. I found this blue blanket laying on the couch and thought it would be perfect with some ripples. Turned out to be pretty cool and best wooden fish picture I've ever seen :) I sure would like to go back to Jamaica someday...

3 comments:

joyce said...

That is a nice picture.
Smart move with the blue blanket, it makes a nice background....

Courtney said...

I agree with the blanket!
And with the going back to Jamaica...

Carol said...

Nice wooden fish. Good times :)