Tuesday, August 4, 2009

309/365 - Jim - Chaotic Panorama

( f/11 70mm 1/100 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
We went to visit my family at Whitehall campground in Emlenton, PA. They go there every year for church camp. The camp has three levels on a huge hill and this is the view from the middle level down to the lower level where there is a pond and other recreation. When I went as a kid, there was never this much activity going on and I had too many bad experiences. I cracked my head open when I was 7 and got 7 stitches. In the woods back there a kid was climbing an unfinished dam wall and it fell on him. A friend and I picked it up off of him. It was extremely heavy so we must have been full of adrenaline. The kid stared at me blankly with blood coming out of his ears. He was pretty messed up. I could go on and on about the place, but I'll stop there.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Did Jameson go in the lake?

Courtney said...

Cool picture.

Carol said...

The picture is nice and it's an interesting way to do a panoramic, but I don't think I am a fan. Too chaotic, I think I would have liked to see a regular panoramic.

Cyn said...

I'm more concerned that Jim was so traumatized at the church camp, were you two, just kidding, yikes though it sounded scary for you, although it looks like a lovely place.