Sunday, September 6, 2009

342/365 - Jim - 26" Pike

( f/9 24mm 1/320 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
The second day in Canada we went to Spring Lake. I only cast a few times and caught a 15" bass. I thought it was going to be like shooting fish in a barrel, but then I didn't catch another fish for a long time. Finally I had one on. It pulled my drag real fast, so I knew it was a big one. It swam under the weeds and tangled itself up. I couldn't pull it into the boat, so we drove the boat around to it and scooped it up with the net. It had my heart beating fast! I measured it to be 26" long.

2 comments:

joyce said...

Nice one!!!
You have come a long way Jim from when you were 2 1/2 years old and holding a chain of fish with an outstretched arm because you were afraid of them :)

Carol said...

Cool. So did you eat any fish?