Wednesday, September 16, 2009

352/365 - Jim - Pond Fountain

( f/22 32mm HDR ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
This pond is just down the road from my house and I have been wanting to take a picture of it for a long time. I've always liked house that sits there too. Over the last 6 years, they have added the rocks and some landscaping around the pond and then the fountain. I pulled Jameson in his wagon all the way there and the fountain wasn't turned on. I was a little disappointed to go all that way and not see the fountain. I'm not sure if the owners saw me taking photos or it was on a timer, but it suddenly turned on and I was able to take some fountain shots. I bracketed 7 shots and then merged 3 of them into an HDR. I set the HDR effect to it's lowest setting, but turned the strength and saturation all the way up. You can see the leaves are turning a little already. Kind of sad to see summer ending.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Nice picture. That's a pretty big wagon ride!

Carol said...

That's an awesome shot! I think the owners of that house would love to have a copy of that picture! You're raising the bar for the final stretch.

Hate to say it, but with only 13 shots left, I think you really needed to get a sunrise in there-you had an entire year.

joyce said...

That is a beautiful picture...
I love the colors and I am so glad that the fountain came on.

Courtney said...

Is that Kevin's uncle that owns that house? Or is it another one close to it?

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Looks like a painting!
--Amy