Tuesday, September 8, 2009

344/365 - Jim - Optical Illusion

( f/22 50mm 1/25 sec ISO 640 Nikon D300 )
We decided to take a walk and knew about a trail down the road out of camp. On the way down the road, the camp owner drove by and stopped with a bear hunter that just got a bear the day before. The bear hunter told us about a bear charging his son and stopped right before him. His son tried to make himself look bigger and the bear eventually walked away. Well that story scared Smochko more than he was already and we only walked down the trail a little ways before turning back. Before we turned back I asked them if they wanted to take a cool photo. I had Smochko go down the trail a ways and Bmarz hold his hand out. Then changed to Aperture priority and selected f/22. This kept everything in focus. I don't know what is up the the look on Bmarz face :)

4 comments:

joyce said...

lol, maybe Smochko was too heavy for him to hold with one hand.....I think I see his muscles bulging :)
That is a neat picture.

Carol said...

Scary! Nice picture, at least you had some good sports to help you with your pictures. Glad I am not the only one who has to do your silly stuff.

Anonymous said...

This is a really neat photo!

Anonymous said...

nice photo - makes me think of hobbits or giants - something hyper-fantasy.