Tuesday, September 1, 2009

337/365 - Jim - GrayRox Studios

( f/18 105mm 1/60 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Recently I have been asked about doing senior portraits by a couple different people. That got me thinking about putting a name to my "business". I quote it because it is just a dream now and I haven't had any paid sessions yet. The name GrayRox is something I came up with a long time ago and have kept it in my head just in case I ever wanted to have an actual business. So I have a name. Next I would like to build a quick website with prices and some examples of my photographs. Then in about a month I will have a dedicated office/studio to do some work. I'll just start small and see how it goes. At this point it is much more of a hobby than a business, and if it stays that way I'll be fine with that. Who knows though, maybe I'll recoup some of the money I spent on my toys which would make my wife happy :)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

That name sounds really familiar for some reason. I guess maybe I just heard you use it before?

Carol said...

I will only be happy if the money you make doesn't suck up a bunch of your time, and I have a feeling you will make very little money compared to the time it takes away from J and N. But hopefully I am wrong...

joyce said...

isn't that the name of your internet connection?

nice pic.
if you have the standard pictures to take, it shouldn't take too long.

Courtney said...

Oh, maybe that is where I saw it before.

sherri said...

Where did you come up with it at?