Friday, September 18, 2009

354/365 - Jim - Ducks Take Flight

( f/2.8 200mm 1/400 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
We went to the Succop Conservancy today so I could take some photos that weren't in my basement. There is a pond there and these shy ducks didn't like when I got too close to them. The two males took off flying right beside each other and I quickly got a shot of them. There was a reflection of them, but it wasn't full so I cropped it out in Lightroom. Then added some vignette and the usual contrast, vibrance, etc. Using Picasa I added a soft focus effect in an attempt to give the front duck more pop. I also did a Photoshop frame effect on this photo where the ducks are flying into the picture. Check that out along with some other shots I took there by clicking here.

6 comments:

joyce said...

I really love the colors on these ducks....those pictures turned out awsome!!!!

Courtney said...

Sounds like a great place to take pictures. Where did you come up with it???

Jim said...

Carol told me about it a long time ago. I have a BCCC fall class schedule on my desk and the back cover has an ad for the Conservancy, so I decided to go check it out.

Courtney said...

Whatever! I just you a month or so ago you should go there to take pictures. I deserve a credit!

Jim said...

I thought maybe you told me, but I'm pretty sure Carol told me first a long time ago...

Carol said...

No Courtney mentioned it first and then I got the BCCC catalog and took it down to show you again...great place for pics!