Thursday, March 5, 2009

157/365 - Jim - Posterized

( f/11 66mm 1/125 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Well, I wanted to try something different with my studio flashes. I put one on each side of my face about a foot away with a softbox on each of them. This creates a dark line down the center of my face which I have seen done by other photographers and liked. Unfortunately I didn't have anyone to take photos of, so I couldn't experiment very much and had to do a self portrait. It didn't look that great so I covered it up with an effect in Photoshop called patchwork. If ever I want to count the pores on my face, this would be the effect I use.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that's not the Jim I know, he looks scary, by the way Happy Birthday, love your mother in law.

Courtney said...

Pretty scary!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a poster for one of those Ultimate Fighter matches.

Shawn said...

This looks like a latch hook...yes, I've done them.