Thursday, March 19, 2009

171/365 - Jim - Water you looking at?

( f/11 36mm 1/60 sec ISO 200 Nikon D300 )
Alright, I have actually gone off the deep end... I drew the mouth on the gallon and then it asked me to draw eyes so it could see the water bottle. Then the water bottle got all nervous about what he was wearing. It was a whole thing that got out of hand. Honestly I don't know what I was doing, I actually just wanted a subject to try out a flash technique. This is two photos merged together in camera. I used my SB-800 flash remotely on both sides of the water and then merged them to see what it would look like. The results aren't too bad. I think I could be more creative and use this technique in the future.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Yes, you went off the deep end. I like the idea of trying out techniques on regular objects and not spending forever coming up with the perfect object to photograph. I think it might be neat if you pick an object, something common and simple, and spend a week taking pictures of it with all different techniques and lenses. It would be cool to see the different things you come up with each day, and also it would be good for you because you would have sort of have a direction for a whole week of photos.

Anonymous said...

Jim, I admire your artistic talent.